Industrial Training : Requirements
(this needs to be updated as per the latest guidelines
For the internship done in an company in India during the summer of
20XX, the following documents must be submitted by Sep., 20XX:
- Offer letter from the company before the internship was accepted.
- Please inform the company and your mentor/supervisor about assessment
requirement BEFORE starting the internship.
- A Sealed Confidential Letter/document from the company
supervisor(s), on Company Letterhead, verifying that the internship
was successfully completed - dates included; and the specific
tasks/duties completed by the student. The supervisor should also
rate the student's work on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 is highest). The
letter should be DIRECTLY sent from the company to:
Dept. of CSE, IIT Madras,
Chennai - 600 036
- A detailed technical report (length: at least 5 pages,
single-column, single-spaced, 1-inch margins on all sides) explaining
the technical specifics of the tasks done; language/tools/environment
of development/ to what extent the work involved the use of computer
science skills (e.g. data structures, algorithms, other concepts);
what the student learned from the internship; and a rationale as to
why this internship should be accepted as the equivalent of a
third-year level internship.
- Get the company's approval of the report to ensure that any
company confidential information is not included in the report.
- Hastily/poorly written documents that have grammar/spelling
mistakes and those without much technical content will NOT be
- The grade (only pass or fail grade) assigned will be based on the relevance of the internship
to CSE, the supervisor's evaluation and the student's report