(Not a core courses from 2015 batch onwards)
- Basic principles of System Design: system components in simple system; Workstations, servers.
- Building blocks for Computer Systems; CPU, Storage, I/O, Multimedia devices The hardware-software interface, Hardware features influenced by software requirements.
- Specifications of the performance of a system.
- How to effectively utilize the strength of a component to get improvement in performance?
- Testing systems for performance.
- Computing with distributed resources.
- Basic principles of system integration, when building larger systems.
- Wayne Hendrix Wolf, "Computers as Components: Principles of Embedded Computer Systems Design", Academic Press 2001.
- Vincent P. Heuring and Harry F. Jordan, "Computer Systems Design and Architecture", Pearson Education Asia, 2001.