Jan 12, 2016 : An Evening with Multicoreware Inc.
When: Jan 21st (Thursday) from 4:00pm - 6:30pm.
Where: CSB25 lecture hall.
Why: Multicoreware Inc. would like to spend an evening with the faculty and students of IIT Madras to enable close interactions between its employees and the academic fraternity. Multicoreware Inc. was founded in 2009 through a collaboration between leading entrepreneurs and technologists in the Silicon Valley, along with academics from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Today, Multicoreware is among the world leaders in high performance computing technology with focus on video technology, machine learning, and compilers. Multicoreware has offices in 6 countries including a development site in Chennai, India.
4:00pm - 4:05pm: Introductory remarks
4:05pm – 5:00pm: Talks from Multicoreware Inc.
- My entrepreneurial and intrepreneurial experience with Multicoreware and beyond, by A.G.K.Karunakaran, CEO, Multicoreware Inc.
- Challenges in Developing High Performance Video Encoders, by Dr. Pradeep Ramachandran, Solution Architect at Multicoreware Inc., and Adjunct Faculty with Computer Science department, IIT Madras.
- Leveraging CNN on Heterogenous Architectures, by Neelakandan, P.R., Team Lead, Machine Learning BU, Multicoreware Inc.
5:00pm - 6:00pm: Talks from IIT Madras Faculty
- Detecting and Tracking People in Crowded Scenes, by Prof. Anurag Mittal
- Parallel Graph Alogithms, by Prof. Rupesh Nasre
6:00pm – 6:30pm: High-tea.