The laboratory course is intended for giving exposure to students on machine language programming using the Assembler. Topics in Assembler syntax, Assembler directives and Assemler Macros are discussed for an assembler for 80x86 instruction set. The students are given assignments in the following topics.
- Implementation of different types of high level language statements: arithmetic, control transfer (if...then...else, loop etc)
- Subroutines: Passing Parameters
- Interrupt Service Routine(ISR), Software Interrupts, OS calls
- Device Drivers
- Communication between Computers
- Assembly Language Programming in C Language